At Little Lambs, we recognize that each child is an individual. We have designed our curriculum with a wide range of activities to meet the children’s needs in a creative, caring, fun, and faith-filled environment. Classes offer age-appropriate learning experiences which center around our love for children. We encourage and support the development of each child to his/her fullest potential intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically, and spiritually.
Infants & Toddlers
- Infants – Classes are offered one or two mornings per week from 9-11:30 AM. Children from 3-18 months meet in our nursery for play with experienced, qualified staff.
- Toddlers – Students 18 month – 3 years may enroll. Classes are held from 9-11:30 AM, two or three mornings per week. The emphasis is on providing students with a positive, happy experience while playing in a cooperative manner. Curriculum is based on monthly themes that include colors, shapes, weather, and holidays. Activities help develop large and fine motor skills through creative play, craft projects, finger plays, books, and music with movement.
Our preschool programs revolve around theme-based curriculum, which expands on what was introduced in our toddler classes. The hand-on activities, crafts, stories and music enhance our weekly themes. The students work on the skills that will prepare them for success when they enter kindergarten.
- 2 1/2 Year Olds – Students must be 2 1/2 years old by October 1st to enroll in this class, which meets three mornings per week from 9:00-11:30 AM. We offer an extended day (until 12:30 PM) two days per week beginning in October. Emphasis is placed on appropriate social interaction, communication skills, fine and gross motor skills development, as well as the introduction of a structured circle time.
- 3 Year Olds – Students 3 years old by October 1st may enroll in this program. This class meets 3 mornings per week from 9:00 AM-12:30 PM. The children are introduced to problem solving and reasoning skills along with developing social skills. Additional activities are show & tell, classroom jobs, and a more comprehensive circle time.
- 4 Year Olds – Students 4 years old by October 1st may enroll. The class meets 4 days per week from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. The curriculum focuses on areas of development needed for kindergarten: reading readiness, science, social studies, and math. We focus on personal responsibility skills and positive peer interaction.
- Holiday Celebrations
- Little Shepherds – Bible Activities
- The Fun Bus
- Fitness Classes
- Bernards Twp. Library Story Time
- The Play Laboratory – a Sensory Experience
- Enrichment Classes – Science, Cultural Studies, Cooking